Just supposing you wanted to get everybody in your organisation behind the growth of your business.
You know the sort of thing: everybody promoting the same message; looking for suitable new clients and engaging anybody who has shown even a modicum of interest in what you do.
Well you could hire a consultant to help you or maybe even attend a course or two but supposing you didn’t have the time or the money to do this. Well there’s a very cheap (free) and simple alternative that’ll do you proud and all you need to do is answer 5 questions. Here they are: –
- Who do you want as clients?
- What challenges do they have that you can overcome?
- What do you do?
- How do you do it?
- What is the final outcome for the client?
Let’s have a look at my answers to these questions then: –
- Anybody responsible for the growth of a small to medium sized business.
- Insufficient growth or looking to eventually sell their business
- Create a robust method to consistently find, convert and cultivate new clients to maximise incoming revenue.
- Onsite consultancy; a mixed business growth programme or online.
- Be completely in control of how their business grows.
Your first drafts will probably have too many words in them; aim for about 60 words or less because when it comes to this kind of message less is very definitely more.
If you struggle to do this my advice is to give it to somebody else and tell them they HAVE to make it less than 60 words – you may be quite surprised at what they come up with!
All you need to do now is make sure that everybody in your organisation can answer these 5 questions. Take your time but be very persistent until everybody from the receptionist to the CEO can answer them in the same way.
You can turn this into an “elevator speech” just add the following words before each answer: –
- We work with those people responsible for the growth of a small or medium business
- Who are experiencing insufficient growth or perhaps want to sell up one day
- Well what we do is create a robust method to consistently find, convert and cultivate new clients to maximise incoming revenue.
- We do this by onsite consultancy, a mixed business growth programme or entirely online.
- The result is they become completely in control of how their business grows.
It may not make a sale for you but it’s likely to start a conversation that just might.
Let’s see what damage you can do now. Give it a go and feel free to publish as comments on this blog post and I’ll happily critique them for you.