- Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.
- No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars or sailed an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
- No one has a right to consume happiness without producing it.
- Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.
- Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
- Life is either a great adventure or nothing.
- I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.
- Instead of comparing our lot with that of those who are more fortunate than we are, we should compare it with the lot of the great majority of our fellow men. It then appears that we are among the privileged.
- People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant.
- It is hard to interest those who have everything in those who have nothing.
Learn more about Helen Keller here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Keller.
[tweetmeme source=”mike_ames_flair” only_single=false]