I just love quotations. I find them inspiring and quite fascinating: sort of old fashioned tweets. Anyway here is another 10 of my favourites: –
- When written in Chinese, the word “crisis” is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.
John F. Kennedy
- If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six sharpening my axe.
- The policy of being too cautious is the greatest risk of all.
- The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas.
- You can accomplish much if you don’t care who gets the credit.
- The successful man is the one who finds out what is the matter with his business before his competitors do.
Roy L. Smith
- Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
- Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; it is better to be alone than in bad company.
- The ability to ask the right question is more than half the battle of finding the answer.
Thomas J. Watson
- Business is like riding a bicycle. Either you keep moving or you fall down.
John D. Wright
As for my personal favourite after a long mull over I am going for Big Blue’s very own Thomas J. Watson. When I was in IT it applied, when I ran a business it was also very true and yet it applies even more these day when I am in selling mode or coaching like a good ‘un.
[tweetmeme source=”mike_ames_flair” only_single=false]