Let’s cut to the chase. Business is full of stuff – things to do and things to get done but how about a few things to stop doing. Here’s 5 things to stop doing that I think should be at the top of anybody’s list.
- Say yes to a meeting request without thinking whether it will add any real value to you or anybody else for that matter.
- Making excuses to yourself to avoid doing one sales call today.
- Offer to do something when you have absolutely no spare bandwidth available at all.
- Fill your day with hands on operational activities leaving no “you-time” at all.
- NOT watching a http://www.ted.com video each day. These a brilliant and should be compulsory for anybody in business. This is my current favourite http://www.ted.com/talks/seth_godin_this_is_broken_1.html
Loads of blogs suggest things you should be doing and that’s fair enough but I thought suggesting a few things you should stop doing might make a refreshing change. Am I right or just blowing smoke up my armpits?
[tweetmeme source=”mike_ames_flair” only_single=false]