Posts Tagged ‘Winston Churchill’
July 19, 2011 6 comments
Mr Churchill has hundreds of quotations attributed to him some of which he actually said but I have tried to select a few of the less well known ones that I think resonate in today’s business world. Enjoy!
- A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
- A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
- Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
- Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
- Difficulties mastered are opportunities won.
- Never, never, never give up.
- However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.
- I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.
- It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.
- Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning.
He also said that uneducated men should read books of quotations which I disagree with: I think everybody should read them whether they are educated or not!